Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Transportation Safety director David Pabst said traffic-related fatalities in the state sharply declined to 530 in 2013 from 601 in 2012. There was also a 28% decrease in motorcycle deaths.
According to Pabst, the DOT’s mobile classrooms for motorcycle riders that deliver messages on the dangers of drunken and distracted driving had something to do with the decrease in motorcycle death statistics.
The number of fatalities from drunken driving accidents has yet to be compiled, but Pabst said that the average has been around 42% within the past five years.
Winnebago County Sheriff’s Deputy Erica Geschrei said that aside from local law enforcement authorities, they are working on including hospital and health department workers and school-based personnel in disseminating information cautioning drivers against drunken and distracted driving.
Our attorneys at Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. can help those people in Wisconsin who have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to another’s negligence seek the financial compensation they need. Call us at 800-242-2874 to discuss your situation and options.
- deadly motorcycle accidents (4)
- deer motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- deer motorcycle accident lawyers (1)
- DUI (1)
- FAQ (1)
- fatal motorcycle accidents (15)
- Motorcycle Accident (44)
- Motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- Motorcycle Malfunction (1)
- Motorcycle wrongful death attorney (2)
- Multiple vehicle motorcycle accidents (8)
- OWI (1)
- reckless driving accident attorney (2)
- reckless driving accident lawyers (2)
- Roadway Defects (1)
- Single-vehicle motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Single-vehicle Motorcycle Accidents (2)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorney (126)
- wisconsin motorcycle accident lawyer (72)
- Wisconsin motorcycle events (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle lawyer (4)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction attorneys (6)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction lawyers (5)
- Wisconsin motorcycle OWI lawyers (1)
- Wisconsin motorcycle tips (6)
- Wisconsin motorycle accident lawyer (62)
- Wisconsin wrongful death attorneys (2)
- Wisconsin wrongful death lawyers (2)
- Wrongful Death (6)