Wisconsin transportation officials are urging motorists to lookout for deer this month.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, deer are looking for places to give birth during June, and young deer separate from their moters, meaning drivers may encounter more deer darting into roadways.
In four of the last five years, June has ranked as the worst month for motorists injured from accidents involving deer, according to Randy Romanski with the WisDOT.
“Motorcyclists must be especially careful because collisions with deer can be fatal to motorcycle drivers and passengers,” Romanski said. “Motorcycles were involved in 12 of the 13 fatal deer versus motor vehicle crashes in 2010.”
Deer are the third most commonly struck object in Wisconsin auto accidents, behind collisions with another vehicle or a fixed object.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash, please contact the Wisconsin Motorcycle Accident Lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier, S.C. ®, at 800-242-2874.
- deadly motorcycle accidents (4)
- deer motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- deer motorcycle accident lawyers (1)
- DUI (1)
- FAQ (1)
- fatal motorcycle accidents (15)
- Motorcycle Accident (44)
- Motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- Motorcycle Malfunction (1)
- Motorcycle wrongful death attorney (2)
- Multiple vehicle motorcycle accidents (8)
- OWI (1)
- reckless driving accident attorney (2)
- reckless driving accident lawyers (2)
- Roadway Defects (1)
- Single-vehicle motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Single-vehicle Motorcycle Accidents (2)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorney (126)
- wisconsin motorcycle accident lawyer (72)
- Wisconsin motorcycle events (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle lawyer (4)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction attorneys (6)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction lawyers (5)
- Wisconsin motorcycle OWI lawyers (1)
- Wisconsin motorcycle tips (6)
- Wisconsin motorycle accident lawyer (62)
- Wisconsin wrongful death attorneys (2)
- Wisconsin wrongful death lawyers (2)
- Wrongful Death (6)