A Racine man was killed in a Wisconsin Motorcycle Accident Thursday evening.
According to officials with the Racine Police Department, 22 year-old Austen Shampo was killed in a collision with a car shortly after 9:30 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of South Green Bay Road and Castle Court. Police say Shampo was traveling north on Green Bay Rd. when he collided with the side of a southbound 2005 Pontiac G6.
According to Racine Police Department Lieutenant Charles Weitzel, the Pontiac was driven by 24 year-old Chakeia M. McCrackin. McCrackin was not injured in the accident, authorities say.
Shampo was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. He was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, according to a police press release.
Authorities say the motorcycle’s speed is believed to be a contributing factor in the accident.
The accident remains under investigation by the Racine Police Department.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim’s family and friends during this difficult time.
- deadly motorcycle accidents (4)
- deer motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- deer motorcycle accident lawyers (1)
- DUI (1)
- FAQ (1)
- fatal motorcycle accidents (15)
- Motorcycle Accident (44)
- Motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- Motorcycle Malfunction (1)
- Motorcycle wrongful death attorney (2)
- Multiple vehicle motorcycle accidents (8)
- OWI (1)
- reckless driving accident attorney (2)
- reckless driving accident lawyers (2)
- Roadway Defects (1)
- Single-vehicle motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Single-vehicle Motorcycle Accidents (2)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorney (126)
- wisconsin motorcycle accident lawyer (72)
- Wisconsin motorcycle events (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle lawyer (4)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction attorneys (6)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction lawyers (5)
- Wisconsin motorcycle OWI lawyers (1)
- Wisconsin motorcycle tips (6)
- Wisconsin motorycle accident lawyer (62)
- Wisconsin wrongful death attorneys (2)
- Wisconsin wrongful death lawyers (2)
- Wrongful Death (6)