Police have determined that roadway defects were to blame for a Wisconsin motorcycle accident last month.
According to an accident report filed by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department, 54 year-old Todd Schwefel, of Watertown, sustained serious head injuries when he lost control of his 2010 Harley-Davidson motorcycle on October 16. Police say Schwefel was on a roundabout on Highway 19 when the accident occurred. The report states that Schwefel lost control of his motorcycle because of loose sand and dirt on the roadway.
Schwefel was transported to the University of Wisconsin hospital in Madison by Flight For Life. He has since recovered.
The loose sand and dirt was an accumulation of debris that was accidentally dropped onto Highway 19 under the Highway 26 bypass, which is currently being constructed. The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has begun to monitor the amount of debris falling from the project.
If you have been involved in a Wisconsin motorcycle accident caused by a dangerous roadway defect, please contact the Wisconsin roadway defect attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, by calling 800-242-2874.
- deadly motorcycle accidents (4)
- deer motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- deer motorcycle accident lawyers (1)
- DUI (1)
- FAQ (1)
- fatal motorcycle accidents (15)
- Motorcycle Accident (44)
- Motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- Motorcycle Malfunction (1)
- Motorcycle wrongful death attorney (2)
- Multiple vehicle motorcycle accidents (8)
- OWI (1)
- reckless driving accident attorney (2)
- reckless driving accident lawyers (2)
- Roadway Defects (1)
- Single-vehicle motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Single-vehicle Motorcycle Accidents (2)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorney (126)
- wisconsin motorcycle accident lawyer (72)
- Wisconsin motorcycle events (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle lawyer (4)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction attorneys (6)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction lawyers (5)
- Wisconsin motorcycle OWI lawyers (1)
- Wisconsin motorcycle tips (6)
- Wisconsin motorycle accident lawyer (62)
- Wisconsin wrongful death attorneys (2)
- Wisconsin wrongful death lawyers (2)
- Wrongful Death (6)