A northwest Wisconsin man has been sentenced to one year in jail for causing a drunk driving crash that killed a motorcyclist.
According to court documents, 39 year-old Christopher Lyman, of Amery, will spend a year in jail, 12 years on probation, and have his drivers license revoked for five years, after pleading guilty to drunken homicide. The fatal crash occurred August 9 of last year on highway 65 in the Polk County town of Garfield.
Authorities say Lyman’s vehicle struck a motorcycle driven by 24 year-old Jason O’Malley, of Minneapolis. The force of the impact sent the bike into 2 other vehicles. O’Malley was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.
Lyman drove away from the scene of the accident. Police stopped him a short time later, with a blood alcohol level of 0.14. Lyman was sentenced Monday, and ordered to stay sober and perform 1,000 hours of community service.
The Wisconsin motorcycle accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® understand how devastating motorcycle accidents can be. To get the aggressive and reliable representation you deserve, call our offices today at 800-242-2874.
- deadly motorcycle accidents (4)
- deer motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- deer motorcycle accident lawyers (1)
- DUI (1)
- FAQ (1)
- fatal motorcycle accidents (15)
- Motorcycle Accident (44)
- Motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- Motorcycle Malfunction (1)
- Motorcycle wrongful death attorney (2)
- Multiple vehicle motorcycle accidents (8)
- OWI (1)
- reckless driving accident attorney (2)
- reckless driving accident lawyers (2)
- Roadway Defects (1)
- Single-vehicle motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Single-vehicle Motorcycle Accidents (2)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorney (126)
- wisconsin motorcycle accident lawyer (72)
- Wisconsin motorcycle events (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle lawyer (4)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction attorneys (6)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction lawyers (5)
- Wisconsin motorcycle OWI lawyers (1)
- Wisconsin motorcycle tips (6)
- Wisconsin motorycle accident lawyer (62)
- Wisconsin wrongful death attorneys (2)
- Wisconsin wrongful death lawyers (2)
- Wrongful Death (6)