The Wisconsin Department of Transportation has issued a warning for the month of June: be wary of deer.
According to the Department of Transportation’s numbers, June is the worst or next to worst month for deer-related accidents in Wisconsin. The reasons for the increased number of incidents appear to be due to does looking for locations to give birth combined with fawns leaving their mothers.
For accident prevention, law enforcement officials suggest drivers and motorcyclists slow down, be more cautious, and make sure that seat belts are attached in case the worst happens. If a deer approaches the road, slowing down and honking a horn in a loud, continuous blast is the proper protocol. If a deer is already on the road, one should not presume that the deer will be frightened by the mere presence of traffic. Deer caught in headlights become confused and are not known to move.
The Department of Transportation especially warned motorcyclists about the additional presence of deer. Deer are a particular danger for riders, as the lack of extra protection can make a collision especially dangerous.
If you or someone you love has been injured while riding a motorcycle, you may be eligible for damage compensation. Contact the Wisconsin motorcycle accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ®, by calling 800-242-2874 today.
- deadly motorcycle accidents (4)
- deer motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- deer motorcycle accident lawyers (1)
- DUI (1)
- FAQ (1)
- fatal motorcycle accidents (15)
- Motorcycle Accident (44)
- Motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- Motorcycle Malfunction (1)
- Motorcycle wrongful death attorney (2)
- Multiple vehicle motorcycle accidents (8)
- OWI (1)
- reckless driving accident attorney (2)
- reckless driving accident lawyers (2)
- Roadway Defects (1)
- Single-vehicle motorcycle accident lawyers (2)
- Single-vehicle Motorcycle Accidents (2)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorney (126)
- wisconsin motorcycle accident lawyer (72)
- Wisconsin motorcycle events (2)
- Wisconsin motorcycle lawyer (4)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction attorneys (6)
- Wisconsin motorcycle malfunction lawyers (5)
- Wisconsin motorcycle OWI lawyers (1)
- Wisconsin motorcycle tips (6)
- Wisconsin motorycle accident lawyer (62)
- Wisconsin wrongful death attorneys (2)
- Wisconsin wrongful death lawyers (2)
- Wrongful Death (6)