5 Tips for Safe Motorcycle Riding at Night
Like driving a passenger vehicle after the sun sets, there are many dangers and risks associated with riding a motorcycle at dusk or at night. While accidents can happen at any time, limited visibility and an increase in the number of drunk and drowsy drivers at night can make riding a motorcycle between dusk and dawn incredibly dangerous. Fortunately, you can increase your safety on the road at night by keeping a few simple tips in mind.
Even if you act responsibly, you cannot control other riders and motorists’ actions on the road. If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident because of someone else’s negligent actions, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation. Contact the Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874 to schedule an initial consultation.
Riding Safely at Night
Riding at night significantly affects your ability to see obstacles ahead of you or beside you on the road. As such, you need to take extra precautions to stay safe. To decrease your chances of being in an accident, you should:
- Clean your motorcycle thoroughly, including your headlight, taillights and all reflectors, to make sure you are seen on the road and to increase your own visibility
- Drive the speed limit, possibly even slightly under the speed limit
- Leave plenty of room between your motorcycle and the vehicle in front of you
- Do not drive if you are drowsy or fatigued
- Clean your helmet and visor thoroughly to decrease glare
Even if you are a safe and defensive driver at night, accidents can still happen. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another party, contact the Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874 and learn more about our legal services.