5 Suggestions to Prepare Your Appearance for Court
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident with a negligent motorist and have to go to court, it is important that you dress and act appropriately for the occasion. The appropriate wardrobe and attire for riding a motorcycle is far from what you should wear to your court appearance. By following these simple guidelines, you can limit the likelihood that your outward appearance will have a negative effect upon the opinion of the court.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a motorcycle accident because of someone else’s negligent actions, you need a qualified legal representative on your side to help you fight for the financial compensation you need. To schedule a free consultation, contact the Wisconsin motorcycle accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874 today.
What to Wear
Although it is appropriate to wear leather and sturdy boots while riding a motorcycle, you need to trade those materials in for something more conservative when you go to court. These guidelines will help you look respectable:
- Men should wear a dark-colored suit, white shirt and tie. If you do not have a suit, it can be acceptable to wear slacks, dress shirt, and a tie.
- Women need to dress conservatively. Wear a dark colored pant suit or dress.
- Take a shower, trim facial hair, and comb your hair. Failure to observe appropriate grooming could come across as disrespect for the judge or the proceedings.
- Do not wear large amount of jewelry or strong perfume. Also, cover up tattoos and take out body piercings.
- Women should wear closed-toed shoes and should avoid spiked heels.
To make sure you are prepared for your case, contact the Wisconsin motorcycle accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. today at 800-242-2874.